You Are A True Story
From Buddy Wakefield
Here’s what you get:
Every Wednesday brings a Buddy quote, like:
Vulnerability is what made every movie, sang every song, and wrote every poem that ever plugged a life back into itself.
Every Thursday is a moment from Bud’s work:
You look good in your tidal wave, toe-to-toe with the mean blue moon, head raised up like a lighthouse. You are…
Every Friday anything goes; an original prompt, verse, lyric, or current thought:
I choose to politely ask myself to step aside if I am in my own way. If I do not get out of my way, I choose to call a friend who will have me removed.
Every Saturday is Buddy’s favorite quotes by other writers.
I have had the wind knocked out of me, but never the hurricane. —Jeffrey McDaniel
Every Sunday is a reminder for the coming week:
It’s OK to not be good at being overwhelmed.
Here’s what you won’t get:
* Anybody selling you shit.
* More than the one text per day you signed on for.
* U.S., Canadian, U.K., and Australian numbers only, at this time.
* New subscribers begin receiving texts on Wednesday.
* All texts are intentionally chosen or written by Buddy. No one else.